Monday, March 5, 2012

Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on...


Ok, so I can't stand it anymore! If I don't say something I am going to EXPLODE!!!! 
I beg you, please do not read further if you do not t-r-u-l-y love me.
When I say t-r-u-l-y I mean through the thick and thin, good times and bad, agree or disagree. I don't want to disappoint, disgrace, or upset our relationship. What I have to say must be said if I'm going to get any rest tonight. So here goes...

This everybody get's a trophy philosophy that we have adopted in American society is ridiculous.

What is so wrong with failing?
Why is it so bad to be disappointed?
Why does it need to be fixed if everyone isn't happy? 
What's wrong with working harder next time?
What's wrong with congratulating the winner and moving on with life?

I have had many disappointments in my life... Many of them I brought on myself...Many of them happened by chance. I am a better person for all the disappointments I have come through. Most recently, I lost a very sweet friend to cancer at age 29. TWENTY-NINE!!! My momma can't fix that; my daddy can't make it right. I have to take the time to hurt and heal through this.

Everybody DOESN'T get a trophy!

This country started with such valorous beginnings. Some folks took a chance, put their necks on the line, experienced defeat, learned and reevaluated, and became victorious. I hate to break it to you people, BUT there has to be a loser. It's the name of the game. 

I thought that my viewpoint was warped because I don't have kids. Then, I realized I do have kids...I have 46 babies that I love to the ends of the Earth. I have a niece and nephews that I would do anything for to see them happy. I have a Godson that I love as my own. I do have kids, and I realize that they must learn through disappointment. They must fail to succeed.

THE ONLY WAY OUT IS THROUGH!
WHAT DOESN'T KILL US MAKES US STRONGER!
PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!

If kids don't learn to cope with disappointment and failure now, how are they going to make it in the real world later?


Much Love,
Casey Raine

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that sometimes my big-girl panties don't fit the way I want them to, but that doesn't mean I stop wearing them! (I love the panties analogy)

    Keep preaching, Casey! Every mistake we make in life is still part of God's masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to visualize me in a crowd starting the "Slow clap" in your honor. :) Cause I am doing it.


    ps- The Crosbo boys may not be your "godsons," but sure hope you love them, too!

    ReplyDelete