Saturday, January 14, 2012

Better late than never...right?

I know it has been for-ev-er (from one of my favorites The Sandlot) since I wrote last. I've been trying to use the first two weeks in 2012 to get into a routine. I have been trying to accomplish some musts within my day...a devotion in the morning and exercising in the afternoon. It has been good so far. I have exercised everyday (intentional rest days not included:) except one. That was the Sunday before the kids came back to school and I was a bit panicked. I always get nervous when we go back after a long break, like I forgot how to teach or something. The week has been good...my kids have been very responsive this week.

Blessings all around...God has brought my family and friends through some scary times the past few weeks. My cousin has a cyst/growth on her pancreas and has been in serious pain lately. She was sent to a top-notch oncologist in New Orleans. After a test on Thursday the cyst is a blood-filled cyst and not cancerous. They said no surgery at this time, hoping it will go down in the next few months. Praise God! Eric and I have to pay estimated taxes each quarter. God provided a way for us to pay them without dipping into our savings. Praise God! My teaching partner's fence was struck by lightning this week, and the fire stopped just before her house at the GAS METER with no explosion! Praise God!

I was going to be very productive this weekend and work on my soon-to-be dining room. BUUUUT, it is teacher appreciation day at the Tennessee Aquarium in downtown Chattanooga. Eric and I can get in free; so we're GOING. I'm real excited and trying not to stress about getting home before the football games start at 4. I know you are laughing, but this football thing is serious! Tebow has got to win, and I love me some Who Dat? Saints


So tomorrow we will tackle the soon-to-be dining room. I'll take some before, during, and after pics to show the progress. It's gonna be great!

Gonna leave you with a song that's been carrying me through the week...



Much Love,
Casey Raine 

1 comment:

  1. Um....why didn't you call me and tell me you were starting up a blog? YAY! Welcome! Cant wait to follow.

    ReplyDelete